nifi-users mailing list archives

From Vitaly Krivoy <Vitaly_Kri...@jhancock.com>
Subject RE: CaptureChangeMySQL and Triggers
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2019 17:07:10 GMT
This is a follow-on question to Apache/HortonWorks, rather than an answer to the question posted
by Marcelo. Outside of CaptureChangeMySQL, are there plans underway to add similar processors
for other databases? I realize that a database would have to produce a capture data change
log for this feature to be implemented inexpensively. One of the objections that I that I
constantly have to face in my organization to NiFi adaptation is that ExecuteSQL would require
polling thus affecting performance of the source DBMS system. I realize that this objection
is silly and if modification/creation timestamp column in the table is indexed, selecting
the rows that have been added/modified after last run date in ExecuteSQL would barely affect
the server. But as a consulting architect, I have to deal with non-technical clients who make
their decisions based on buzz words and they have heard of change data capture logs marketed
advantages. Thanks.

From: Marcelo Terres <mhterres@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2019 5:51 AM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: CaptureChangeMySQL and Triggers

Hello.

Is someone here using CaptureChangeMySQL processor to get data from a table which data is
generated and managed by triggers/stored procedures?

I'm having some weird issues as data not being processed in case of specific inserts and also
some weird data being generated in case of simple operations (3 objects in one update operation,
for example).

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Marcelo H. Terres
<mhterres@gmail.com<mailto:mhterres@gmail.com>>
https://www.mundoopensource.com.br
https://twitter.com/mhterres
https://linkedin.com/in/marceloterres

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY The information contained in this email message and any attachments
may be confidential and legally privileged and is intended for the use of the addressee(s)
only. If you are not an intended recipient, please: (1) notify me immediately by replying
to this message; (2) do not use, disseminate, distribute or reproduce any part of the message
or any attachment; and (3) destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.