nifi-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Doran <kdo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Truststore/Trusted hostname
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2019 15:12:18 GMT
Hi Walter,

I could be mistaken, but my interpretation of the Trusted Hostname configuration option is
that it is designed to work with/in-addition-to the truststore, not instead of a truststore
as an alternative trust mechanism.

Basically, I think it is to be used in situations when the default hostname verifier (i.e.,
the remote hostname must match the hostname/SANs of the certificate) prevents the connection.
IF you have a reason the hostname does not match the cert (for example, a dev/test environment)
you could whitelist an alternative hostname while still making aan HTTPS connection.

Note that when using this option there are man-in-the-middle attack implications you should
consider.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Kevin

On January 9, 2019 at 03:28:45, Vos, Walter (walter.vos@ns.nl) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the invokeHttp processor to POST to an https site through a proxy.
The