nifi-users mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: use attributed defined in the same UpdateAttribute processor
Date Thu, 16 May 2019 23:54:03 GMT
You have to do this in two subsequent UpdateAttribute instances because the order of attribute
definition (within an instance) is not deterministic. We have gotten a lot of questions about
this, so perhaps it makes sense to investigate as a new feature. However, if that decision
is made, I think substantial changes to the interface would need to be made to allow for manual
reordering of property descriptors, which is not currently supported, and the transmission
of that data via the DTOs in the API would need to be changed as well, because JSON keys are
not ordered.

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

> On May 16, 2019, at 2:08 PM, Boris Tyukin <boris@boristyukin.com> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> is it possible to reuse just defined attribute in another attribute in the same instance
of UpdateAttribute processor or I really have to use two separate UpdateAttribute processors?