nifi-users mailing list archives

From David Gallagher <dgallag...@CleverDevices.com>
Subject Open / Close Gate examples?
Date Fri, 17 May 2019 16:30:06 GMT
Hi - I have a requirement to read one message off RabbitMQ and fully process that message before
I take another message off the queue. I found some great guidance to setting up a 'traffic
light' pattern here (https://gist.github.com/ijokarumawak/9e1a4855934f2bb9661f88ca625bd244),
but it won't work for my process because the Notify will get triggered by the GenerateFlowFile
before the long-running process triggers, which will put two or more messages into the process
at once. The documentation for Notify makes reference to using a 0 value in Signal Counter
Delta to simulate 'open-close-gate' flow control, which sounds like what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Dave