nifi-users mailing list archives

From Michael Di Domenico <mdidomeni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: flowfile through invokehttp put
Date Thu, 16 May 2019 15:03:39 GMT
On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 10:48 AM Bryan Bende <bbende@gmail.com> wrote:

> Normally this would all be handled for you with site-to-site, but not
> sure that can be made to work with your custom proxy. Before
> site-to-site there was PostHttp and ListenHttp, and PostHttp has an
> options for "Send As Flow File". PostHTTP is marked as deprecated
> because generally you should use site-to-site or InvokeHttp, but
> InvokeHttp doesn't have the send as flow file concept. So you could
> try using PostHttp as long as you realize its deprecated, and maybe
> someone can add the send as flow file concept to InvokeHttp, or maybe
> a PackageContent processor.

thanks.  i may try the posthttp just to see if it works, but this is a
new process (likely longlived) and i don't want to use a deprecated
module.

> The only other option I can think of is to use MergeContent with the
> Merge Format set to "FlowFile Stream v3" and configure the max and min
> entries to 1 so it doesn't really actually merge anything, but just
> writes out the new flow content. On the receiving side use
> UnpackContent also configured with format as "FlowFile Stream v3".

this seems like it'll merge the flow-contents and flow-attr from
multiple flows rather then merge the flow-attr and flow-content
together.  which isn't really what i want, or am i reading the doc
page wrong