nifi-users mailing list archives

From Eric Ladner <eric.lad...@gmail.com>
Subject JSON handling question
Date Mon, 13 May 2019 21:11:45 GMT
(sorry if this is duplicated but it didn't like my work email address).

I have an instance where I'm pulling data via the QueryDatabaseTable
processor and one of the columns contains a valid JSON string that I'd like
to split out into a separate flowfile to be handled separately.  I can't
seem to find a way to peel it out into its own entity, though.

As an example, "select A, B, C from some_table" returns rows of data where
the text value in column "C" is valid JSON.  In a standard "SplitAvro ->
AvroToJson" flow, $.C would be the JSON value from the select.  I just
can't figure out how to promote the value of an attribute in the query to
its own flowfile.

I'm probably missing something simple, but any tips would be appreciated.

--
Eric Ladner