nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom Processor Upgrade
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2019 12:51:30 GMT
What is in the template for the bundle coordinates of your processor?
and does that match the coordinates of the NAR that is deployed?

Example:

       <bundle>
          <group>org.apache.nifi</group>
          <artifact>nifi-update-attribute-nar</artifact>
          <version>1.10.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        </bundle>

If you made a new version of your NAR, say 2.0.0 and your template
references 1.0.0, then you'll need to update your template.

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 10:05 PM Mike Thomsen <mikerthomsen@gmail.com> wrote:

> If it's happening immediately upon trying to import the template, I believe that's the
error message saying that the 1.9 instance cannot find the NAR file which provided the processor.
Also, if you're referring to 1.9.0 and not 1.9.2 you're going to want to upgrade to the latter
because there are a few critical bugs fixed in 1.9.2.

> On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 9:19 PM Bimal Mehta <bimal007@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Bryan.
>> My custom processors are part of a template. However when I try to import my template
in NiFi 1.9, I get an error message saying
>> PutFeedMetadata is not known to this NiFi instance. I did update all the dependencies
to NiFi 1.9 and even the plugins. We are using a Cloudera distributed version of NiFi 1.9.
>> Any idea why is this happening?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 3:46 PM Bryan Bende <bbende@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Most likely your processor built against 1.6 would run fine in 1.9,
>>> but to make sure you just need to update any nifi dependencies in your
>>> poms to 1.9.2.
>>>
>>> If you created your project from the archetype and didn't change
>>> anything, then this should just be changing the parent in the root pom
>>> to the new version of nifi-nar-bundles.
>>>
>>> If you set it up yourself, then anywhere you depend on nifi-api you
>>> need to change.
>>>
>>> -Bryan

steps we need to follow to make it work in 1.9?
to do for making it work in 1.9?