nifi-users mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Nifi Single Instance mode to Cluster Mode
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2019 23:15:39 GMT
(Removing dev@; only use one list please)

Hi Bimal,

That error generally means the encryption key used to decrypt the sensitive value was not
correct — i.e. not the key used to encrypt the value originally. It sounds like you will
need to contact the vendor for this specific issue.

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

> On Oct 28, 2019, at 12:12 PM, Bimal Mehta <bimal007@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are doing a migration from a single instance NiFi to a NiFi cluster mode (with 3 nodes)
using Cloudera Manager.
> After staring all the 3 nodes from Cloudera Manager, only 1 shows connected and the others
appear disconnected.
> In the log file for the 2 nodes that are showing disconnected, we get the following error:
> 455 ERROR org.apache.nifi.controller.serialization.FlowFromDOMFactory: There was a problem
decrypting a sensitive flow configuration value. Check that the nifi.sensitive.props.key value
in nifi.properties matches the value used to encrypt the flow.xml.gz file
> org.apache.nifi.encrypt.EncryptionException: org.apache.nifi.encrypt.EncryptionException:
Could not decrypt sensitive value

> I am unable to update the   nifi.sensitive.props.key  as it is generated by Cloudera
Manager when we start the nodes.