nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unit test is getting failed for custom ,Awscredentialprovidercontrolerservice
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2019 14:16:00 GMT
You shouldn't be modifying the service code to make the test pass.

You need to set whatever properties are needed to make it valid by
using Runner.setProperty(service, property name, value)

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 6:54 AM Otto Fowler <ottobackwards@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-aws-bundle/nifi-aws-processors/src/test/java/org/apache/nifi/processors/aws/credentials/provider/service/AWSCredentialsProviderControllerServiceTest.java
>
> It may be helpful for you to look at other things in the code base. Here are the tests
for the current service

> On October 21, 2019 at 22:31:38, sanjeet rath (rath.sanjeet@gmail.com) wrote:
>
> Hi Team,
>
> Our project structure we have a custom controller service ,Awscredentialprovidercontrolerservice
controller service  to connect AWS with our defined 5 attributes means properties.(This is
present in a separate project NIFI-AWS-CUSTOM_PING_CONTROLER).

> In NiFi UI this controller service is working fine .But in Unit testing I am using bellow
code to test.

> @Test
>     public void test Awscredentialprovidercontrolerservice() {
>
>         final TestRunner runner = TestRunners.newTestRunner(new puts3Object);
> final Awscredentialprovidercontrolerservice  serviceimpl= new Awscredentialprovidercontrolerservice()
> Runner.setproperty(…) //Setting my 5 properties which I have created for my custom
controller service
> Runner.enablecontrolerservice(serviceimpl)
>  // will do assert  }
>
> Here in enabling controller service gives null pointer exception in the custom validate
method , its excepting all the default Properties also need to be declared like Accesskey,
secret key etc(which is present in the default Awscredentialprovidercontrolerservice class)
in my custom controller  Awscredentialprovidercontrolerservice.

> After declaring the default properties in my custom Awscredentialprovidercontrolerservice
unit test is working fine.But problem is these parameters are appearing in the NiFi UI of
my custom Awscredentialprovidercontrolerservice.

> So I have 2 option, either after declaring of the default properties, is there any way
to stop displaying I Nifi UI.

> Or As its working fine in UI flow without setting default properties in custom Awscredentialprovidercontrolerservice.so
should I set something in Unit test case to make it passed