nifi-users mailing list archives

From Darren Govoni <dar...@ontrenet.com>
Subject Re: Can Nifi load balance flowfiles?
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2020 18:37:50 GMT
Thanks Joe.

I'm shooting for [CASE1].

The part I missed was setting the number of relationships. I just dragged connections from
it thinking the strategy applied.

My regrets and thank you for the clarification!
________________________________
From: Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 2:31 PM
To: users@nifi.apache.org <users@nifi.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Can Nifi load balance flowfiles?

Darren,

It isn't quite clear to me what you want to do.  Is the pattern

FlowFile A and B enter DistributeLoad which has relationships 1 and 2.

[CASE1] A goes to 1, B goes to 2.

OR

[CASE2] is is A goes to 1, B goes to 1 and CopyA goes to 2, CopyB goes to 2?

If it is CASE1 you want distribute load and you set the 'number of relationships' property
to 2 and the strategy you want.  Then you set relationship 1 to some target processor and
relationship 2 to some other processor.

If it is CASE2 you want then you just use whatever source processor you have before DistributeLoad
and you use the same relationship (for example success) more than once and we'll make flowfile
copies for you.

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 2:19 PM Darren Govoni <darren@ontrenet.com<mailto:darren@ontrenet.com>>