Hey Mark,

great news and thank you very much!

Happy Holidays!

Harald

Von: Mark Payne <markap14@hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 9. April 2020 17:18
An: users@nifi.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Not Seeing Provenance data

Thanks Harald,

I have created a Jira [1] for this. There’s currently a PR up for it as well.

Thanks

-Mark

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-7346

On Apr 9, 2020, at 11:14 AM, Dobbernack, Harald (Key-Work) <harald.dobbernack@key-work.de> wrote:

Hi Mark,

I can confirm after testing that if no provenance event has been generated in a time greater than the set nifi.provenance.repository.max.storage.time then as expected the last recorded provenance events don’t exist anymore but also from then on any new provenance events are also not searchable, the provenance Search remains completely empty regardless of how many flows are active.  As described also *.prov file is then missing in provenance repository. After restart of Nifi new prov File will be generated and provenance will work again, but only showing stuff generated since last NiFi Start.

So yes, I’d say your Idea

    ‘If so, then I think that would understand why it deleted the data. It’s trying to age off old data

     but unfortunately it doesn’t perform a check to first determine whether or not the “old file”

     that it’s about to delete is also the “active file”.’

fits very nicely to my test.

As a workaround we’re going to set a greater nifi.provenance.repository.max.storage.time until this can be resolved.

Thanks again for looking into this.

Harald