nutch-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Harrison" <p...@personifi.com>
Subject New Nutch Implementation
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:35:34 GMT
I am looking to setup a Nutch implementation with the following criteria:

-          Half second or better return rates for results (initially less
than 100 users a day, but leave room to scale for stress testing of millions
daily)

-          100 to 400 million pages (initially have the 100 to 400 million
pages, but leave room to scale for stress testing for a billion or more)

I have read through the documentation, but am not sure what the best
configuration would be.  Can someone give me an idea on what the hardware
configuration (processor, RAM, HD space requirement (array of disks vs.
other options)) and bandwidth requirements would need to look like?

Thanks,

Paul Harrison