nutch-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephan Lagraulet" <slagrau...@cardiweb.com>
Subject Re: servlet Cached.java
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:53:21 GMT
Hi!
We could do this for certain type of documents.
But for PDF files, I think we should use a new feature provided by PDFBox,
PdfHighlighter.
This is actually using an Acrobat feature described here :
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/pdf/HighlightFileFormat.pdf

When the user selects the link "View cache" or "View highlight", we could
generate the XML highlight file and use it to highlight the hits directly
inside the PDF.
That's even better than Google cache...
We could otherwise use Yahoo solution (launch the search engine inside
Acrobat reader -
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/PDFOpenParameters.pdf
/ search parameters).

I know these are only solutions for PDFs but that's the format I'm working
on right now and I think its use is widespread so it might be useful to
implement these features.

Stephan