nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Olaf Thiele <olaf.thi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nutch / CGI
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:45:01 GMT
Hi Jeff,
denpending on your application you might want to use
PLucene (http://search.cpan.org/dist/Plucene/). It is a Perl
port of Lucene.

>From the readme file:
Plucene
=======

Plucene is a Perl port of the Java Lucene search engine.
(http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/) In the same way as Lucene, it is not
a standalone application, but a library you can use to index documents
and search for things in them later.

Using Plucene

Plucene, like Lucene, is designed to be extended, and allows you to
construct your own query types, analyzers, and so on. Future versions of
Lucene will contain more of these, as well as instructions for how to
subclass the base modules to create your own.

Kind regards,
Olaf