nutch-dev mailing list archives

From shahzad tiwana <shahzad_tiw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Nutch-dev] Addind WebAPI to Nutch (Kindly respond)
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:44:24 GMT
Thanks Andrzej,
                  Given that I didnt get any responses for my previous emails, I had almost
assumed that this aspect has not been taken care of as yet. Yes , I am planning to use AXIS
for this purpose. I shall keep you guys posted on any problems I face.
Thanks
Shahzad

Andrzej Bialecki <ab@getopt.org> wrote:
shahzad tiwana wrote:
> Hi, I posted the subject message on both the old and new developers
> mailing list but have not received any responses. I want to add Web
> API or web service functionality to nutch. The idea is that
> application developers should be able to call nutch webservice in
> their intranet or web applications. Google also provides such web
> service in which web service takes a query from the web service
> client and returns the search results to the client in a SOAP
> envelop. I havenot heard from any body on this. Can I assume that no
> work has been done in this direction so far?

So far no one contributed such web API to the project. I have heard that
various people have developed such APIs for their own needs.

I have developed a REST API, which I could clean up somewhat and
contribute to the project. I assume that you would work on either
XML-RPC or SOAP API, right? In that case, I suggest using the Axis
library, for the licensing reasons, or any other ASL library.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki