nutch-dev mailing list archives

From John X <j...@neasys.com>
Subject I made parse-rss work, but ... Re: Huge Problem trying to develop plugin for Nutch
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:12:34 GMT
Chris,

I made plugin parse-rss work by

(1) installing jdom.jar under $nutch_top/lib,
instead of $nutch_top/src/plugin/parse-rss/lib
(2) using jaxen-{core,jdom}.jar,instead of jaxen-full.jar.
Related, there are some hacks necessary in commons-feedparser,
mostly reflecting api changes for XPath.

(1) above is puzzling. I got the same error as you did,
if jdom.jar is placed under the plugin's own lib dir.
I am not sure it is caused by possible bug in nutch plugin core,
or namespace conflicting in some jars, or something else.

Stefan (Groschupf): could you please enlighten us on possible causes?

One note: there is a tool called net.nutch.parse.ParserChecker, that
you can use to debug parser plugins. It is more convenient
to use it than start a crawler.

Will you be able to contribute this plugin after the dust settles?

Best,

John