nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Groschupf ...@media-style.com>
Subject Re: jobtracker
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:24:40 GMT

> This is not a fatal error.  It just means that the web server that
> permits monitoring has failed to start.  MapReduce will still work
> fine, and you can monitor jobs using the JobClient API.

I see, thanks.

I was trying the Grep job, however it fails since nutch.jar was not
found.

050325 200107 Client connection to 127.0.0.1:8088: starting
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: nutch.jar (No
such file or directory)
         at
org.apache.nutch.fs.NDFSFileSystem.doFromLocalFile(NDFSFileSystem.java:
179)
         at
org.apache.nutch.fs.NDFSFileSystem.copyFromLocalFile(NDFSFileSystem.java
:156)
         at
org.apache.nutch.mapReduce.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:239)

I was browsing the sources to find how to submit the word-count.xml
job, but hasn't found the way to do that yet.
Can you give me another hint how to submit a xml based job?

Just create the JobConf with the xml file and  JobClient.runJob(myJob)?
Is there any code that already does this?

Thanks a lot for helping..

Stefan