nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: servlet Cached.java
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:19:36 GMT
John X wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> Attached please find servlet Cached.java that serves raw Content
> of any mime type. Current cached.jsp handles mime type text/* only.
> If no objection, it is going to be committed in a few days.

I think this would be quite useful.

However, what I think is ultimately needed to match the features of
other search engines is not the ability to return the cached non-html
content (there might even be copyright issues with this function...),
but an html rendering of non-html content, a la Google's "View as HTML"
function.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki