nutch-dev mailing list archives

From praveen pathiyil <pathi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Nutch-dev] Addind WebAPI to Nutch (Kindly respond)
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:08:41 GMT
Hi,

One simple approach to this could be to use the nutch jar file and the
plugins and then write a web application on top of it. If the web
service would essentially be a search application itself,
NutchBean.search() might be the only entry point needed to the nutch
functionality. My application provides extra fields to search for
specific metadata items. However, the same could be used for more
complex applications too.

The servlet that you use for processing the request can get the
results back from NutchBean.search() and then go ahead and
manipulate/process those results further.

Regards,
Praveen.

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:15:59 -0800 (PST), shahzad tiwana
<shahzad_tiwana@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I posted the subject message on both the old and new developers mailing list but have
not received any responses. I want to add Web API or web service functionality to nutch. The
idea is that application developers should be able to call nutch webservice in their intranet
or web applications. Google also provides such web service in which web service takes a query
from the web service client and returns the search results to the client in a SOAP envelop.