nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <chris.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: [Nutch-dev] I made parse-rss work, but ... Re: Huge Problem trying to develop plugin for Nutch
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:42:01 GMT
Hi Stefan,

 Thanks so much for your efforts. I'll stand by and see if I can investigate
it more in parallel as well.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
  Chris

On 3/28/05 9:37 AM, "Stefan Groschupf" <sg@media-style.com> wrote:

>>  On another level, I think it would important for the Nutch project to
>> discover why I'm receiving the error in my parse-rss plugin, because
>> as John
>> X seems to have discovered as well, I don't think it's something that
>> is a
>> trivial error, and on the other hand, I don't think it's something
>> either
>> that a user has a low probability of encountering when developing a
>> plugin
>> with Nutch. I think in fact, that I didn't really do anything out of
>> the
>> ordinary when going about developing my parse-rss plugin, and I think
>> that a
>> lot of users are going to be stumped when they are building plugins for
>> Nutch if we don't track this error, identify its cause, and remedy it.
>>
> Now since John posted your code link I will have a closer look, I was
> guessing you just need an rss parser and not to write a rss parser. :-)
> I agree that we need to fix bugs and I will try to do until next week
> depending how difficult it is to fix.
>
> Stefan

Chris A. Mattmann
Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
Staff Member
Modeling and Data Management Systems Section (387)
Data Management Systems and Technologies Group

Office: 171-266B                        Mailstop:  171-246
Phone:  818-354-8810