nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <chris.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: [Nutch-dev] I made parse-rss work, but ... Re: Huge Problem trying to develop plugin for Nutch
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:29:27 GMT
Hi John,

> One approach is to use dom4j instead of jdom.
> That requires hack in feedparser.

Sure, I'll look into this.

> I believe it's also bad idea to use jaxen-full.jar
> (use jaxen-core.jar plus a more specific jaxen dom jar)

This too.

> Do you really need commons-httpclient-3.0-beta1.jar (and possibly others)?

Basically the way that I came up with the jars to include in the parse-rss
plugin was to examine the lib directory of the latest feedparser subversion
snapshot from the commons sandbox. I made sure to include all of those jars
that feedparser required in its lib directory as an inclusion to the
parse-rss plugin.

So, the short answer to this one is, I think it needs the commons-httpclient
jar.

Cheers,
  Chris