nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost <idr...@HTWM.De>
Subject Re: Eclipse/Ant build strategies
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:53:21 GMT
On Monday 20 June 2005 Ken Krugler wrote:

Hello Ken,

> I'm curious whether there are other Nutch developers out there are
> using Eclipse (I've got 3.0 on Mac OS X 10.3), and if so, if/how they
> configure things to leverage the Ant build while still being able to
> edit/build/debug source files using Eclipse.

Currently I am also working with 3.0 yet on Debian Sarge. It actually works
fine.

For building the source code I have configured Ant as Builder for the project.
Simply have a look at the properties of your nutch project, at the menu entry
builders you can add the Ant Builder, choose the ant-xml file shipped with
nutch and select the build targets that fit your needs.

For Debugging and Running the code I had to add the class directories as
"libraries". If you have a look at the menu entry Java Build Path, there is
one tab named libraries. There you also can add class folders. Last thing to
do is to generate a so called run configuration. As main class you just
select the class corresponding to the part of nutch you want to debug, add
approriate parameters and run or debug your code.

I do not know whether my configuration is the ideal one, but at least it
works :)

--
QOTD: Life is like a simile.