nutch-dev mailing list archives

From "Chirag Chaman" <...@filangy.com>
Subject RE: [Nutch-dev] Copy DB by the piece
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:58:38 GMT
Boost are multiplied into the "match score" (aka. The Idf-tf)

Thus, pages are not soted by boosts, but by the final score.

Here's a example:

You have 3 pages:

- news.google.com
- www.blogspot.com/googguy (blog talking about google)
- www.yahoo.com/google-launches-ship-into-space.html

Let's say the boosts factors are 1,2 and 3 respectively.

Now, you do a search for "google".
Let's take the raw scores to be 50,20,15 for the 3 url.

After boosts are applied:

News.google.com - 50 * 1 = 50
www.blogspot.com - 20 * 2 = 40
www.yahoo.com - 15 * 3 = 45