nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Earl Cahill <cahi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: GettingNutchRunningOnUbuntu.html
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2005 09:46:17 GMT
Well, maybe not perfect, but yeah, I think much
better, and I filled out the docs a little as well.

Not sure how apache generates such pretty pages, but
by hand, I pointed to their style sheets and tried to
change to their look and feel.

http://spack.net/nutch/GettingNutchRunningOnUbuntu.html

Thanks,
Earl

--- Zaheed Haque <zaheed.haque@gmail.com> wrote:

> Documentation Style would probably be to much to
> ask. Something like
> below would be great!
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/
>
> Cheers
> Zaheed
>
> On 9/11/05, Matt Kangas <kangas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Earl, I've been building binary .deb packages from
> Nutch 0.7 trunk
> > straight from ant for a few months now. It makes
> deployments to
> > Ubuntu much smoother. Combine that with the
> "java-package" utils for
> > deb-ifying the JDK, and your rollouts will be
> greatly simplified.
> >
> > My Nutch packaging stuff consists of:
> >
> > package/nutch/build.xml
> > package/nutch/DEBIAN/control.template
> > package/nutch/DEBIAN/postinst
> > package/nutch/default.properties
> >
> > It's tested to work on Mac OS X (fink) and Ubuntu
> Linux.
> >
> > If you're interested & possibly motivated to clean
> up the code a bit
> > for general consumption ;), create a JIRA ticket
> so folks can vote on
> > it & and I'll attach a tarball to the ticket.
> >
> > --Matt
> >
> > On Sep 10, 2005, at 6:35 PM, Earl Cahill wrote:
> >
> > > Well, it may not be perfect, but I just wrote

http://spack.net/nutch/GettingNutchRunningOnUbuntu.html

> > > which I think details pretty well everything I
> had to
> > > do to get nutch trunk working on my ubuntu
> athlon box.
> > >

> > > Anyway I can get it added to the wiki?  I am
> happy to
> > > make edits first, if needs be.
> > >
> > > I next hope to write tutorials on getting nutch
> > > work with mapreduce, in a few different ways,
> like
> > > local fs, ndfs, local crawl, distributed crawl,
> and
> > > the like.  I will likely need a little help :)
> > >
> > > If anyone has style ideas please let me know
> before I
> > > start this next one.  Right now, I could use a
> little
> > > more commentary, as some sections just outline
> what
> > > commands to run.  One dumb thing I would like is
> to be
> > > able to double click on a command and have just
> the
> > > command get highlighted instead of the whole
> line.
> > >
> > > I would also like to try and get a straight
> debian
> > > tutorial working.
> > >
> > > Enjoy!
> > > Earl
> > >

> > --
> > Matt Kangas / kangas@gmail.com
> >

> --
> Best Regards
> Zaheed Haque
> Phone : +46 735 000006
> E.mail: zaheed.haque@gmail.com

Yahoo! for Good
Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter