nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Sébastien LE CALLONNEC <slc...@yahoo.ie>
Subject Re: [Nutch-cvs] [Nutch Wiki] Update of "ParserFactoryImprovementProposal" by ChrisMattmann
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:14:33 GMT
Hi Otis,

This issue arose during our discussion for this proposal, and my
feeling was that the XML specification doesn't state that the order is
significant in an XML file.  I therefore read the spec again, and
indeed didn't find anything on that subject...

I think it is somehow reasonable to consider that a parser _might_
return the elements in a different order—though, as I mentioned to
Chris & Jerome, that would be quite unheard of, and, to be honnest,
rather irritating.

What do you think?

Regards,
Sebastien.