nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: How to help?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 08:43:51 GMT
Dani wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm a Java programmer who wants to help in the development of Nutch.

Great! Welcome to the party... ;-)

> I've never been involved in a free software project over the Internet.
>
> Where to begin?  How to help?

* Read the documentation at http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/ (the Wiki
also contains some practical information not found in the main docs).

* download the code, and play around with it, according to the tutorial

* take a look at what's under the hood, how Nutch does various things

* discover bugs and deficiencies

* read mailing list archives to see if the issues have been discussed,
or go to the bug tracking system
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH) and check if they are
reported/fixed.

* come up with fixes and enhancements :-)

And above else, have fun playing with Nutch.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><