nutch-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward Quick" <edwardqu...@hotmail.com>
Subject crawling protected pages
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:45:16 GMT
Hi,

I posted to the user list but didn't get a reply. I want to crawl a
protected site, but there doesn't seem to be an option for that in Nutch at
the moment.

However, it doesn't sound like something that would be too hard to add,
assuming the java http client library can handle that. As I'm not familiar
with the code, could someone point me at the file (or files) in the source
which do the crawling please? I'm not professing to be a top Java programmer
(perl's my speciality) but I'll give it a shot, unless anyone else wants
to?!

Many thanks,

Ed.