nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Jérôme Charron <jerome.char...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: saving log file
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 19:31:16 GMT
> Following the tutorial, I redirect the log messages to a log file. But,
> when crawling 1 million pages, this log file can become hugh and writing
> log messages to a huge file can slow down the fetching process. Is
> there a better way to manage the log? maybe saving it to a series of
> smaller files? appreciate your suggestions.

Change your JDK logging behaviors in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/logging.properties
and add a FileHandler with limit greater than 0.
Thus, the logs will be rotated in many log files (with a maximum size =
limit).
See also
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/logging/package-summary.html
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/logging/FileHandler.html