nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Piotr Kosiorowski <pkosiorow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene performance bottlenecks
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 11:18:33 GMT
Hi,
I started to think about implementing special kind of Lucene Query (if I
remember correctly I would have to write my own Scorer and probably a few
other classes) optimized for Nutch some time ago. I assumed having
specialized query I would be able to avoid accessing some of lucene index
structures multiple times as the same term apears many times in query
generated by Nutch for multitoken queries. I am not an Lucene expert but
maybe it is worth checking if it might give some performance boost. Has
anyone any ideas why it might help or not?
Regards,
Piotr