nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Crawler submits forms?]
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:28:32 GMT
Jérôme Charron wrote:

>+1 for a 0.7.2 release.

+1.

Things are going well on the mapred branch, all basic tools are almost
in place, so after this release we will probably start merging... so,
this looks like the last release of the 0.7.x line (from the code in
trunk/ - I'm sure there will be maintenance releases afterwards).

>I think we can wait for the enhancement proposed by Chris today: Adding an
>alias in parse-plugin.xml file and use a content-type/extension-id mapping
>instead of content-type/plugin-id.

IMHO, this needs to be really well tested before going into a release
... possibilities for confusion are great.

>For further improvements, the new mime-type repository based on freedesktop
>mime-type will be needed.
>I cannot reasonably include this in 0.7.2, but I think it will be in trunk
>by the end of the year.

Please also don't forget that the trunk/ will soon be invaded by the
code from mapred, I guess some time around the middle of January (Doug?) ...

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><