nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: problems http-client
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:05:45 GMT
Stefan Groschupf wrote:

> OK I will do that tomorrow!
> However in case it is known as buggy, we may should not set up as
> default http protocol plugin as it is by today.
> Newbies checking out nutch ill use the version that does not fetch
> all pages, since most people start with the standard configuration.

Well, it's a question of what beginners need - stability or features.
protocol-httpclient handles in a better way many web features out of the
box, such as e.g. cookies, authentication, proxy, https and redirects. I
think also that some results codes are handled in a better way.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><