nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: GNU Getopt
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:02:14 GMT
Andrew McNabb wrote:

>I'm on break right now, and I'm hoping to have a chance to get some
>stuff done.  One thing I would like to do for Nutch is to use GNU Getopt
>(should be familiar for C coders out there) to make the command-line
>utilities behave properly.  I'm especially thinking of NDFS.
>
>Would there be any objections or concerns about a patch that throws
>the tiny getopt library into the tree and changes some argument
>processing?

Regarding the functionality - I don't object. However, the GPL licenses
are incompatible with the Apache license, and GPL-licensed code is not
allowed in Apache projects.

I believe there is a similar library in Jakarta Commons, I don't know if
it provides similar functionality...?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><