nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Removing old classes from trunk/
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 01:16:10 GMT
Hi all,

It's time to do some cleanup of the trunk/ after the mapred merge. I'm
planning to remove the old classes in trunk/, from the following packages:

* org.apache.nutch.db.* - all classes
* org.apache.nutch.fetcher.*
* org.apache.nutch.indexer.IndexSegment
* org.apache.nutch.indexer.DeleteDuplicates
* org.apache.nutch.linkdb.*
* org.apache.nutch.pagedb.*
* org.apache.nutch.protocol.ResourceGone (no longer used)
* org.apache.nutch.protocol.ResourceMoved -"-
* org.apache.nutch.protocol.RetryLater -"-
* org.apache.nutch.quality.* - not maintained, out of date
* org.apache.nutch.tools.CrawlTool - obsoleted by Crawl
* org.apache.nutch.tools.FetchListTool - obsoleted by Generate
* org.apache.nutch.tools.ParseSegment - obsoleted by mapred ParseSegment
* org.apache.nutch.tools.UpdateDatabaseTool
* org.apache.nutch.tools.UpdateSegmentsFromDb
* org.apache.nutch.tools.WebDBAdminTool

After this cleanup is done, we may prefer to move some of the classes
currently in org.apache.nutch.crawl to some other packages, if appropriate.

The main reason for this removal is that these classes are obsolete now, and they don't work
at all with mapred data or other mapred tools. Those interested in Nutch history can always
retrieve them from SVN or from the past releases.

If I don't hear any objections, I'll do it some time during Christmas.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><