nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Groschupf ...@media-style.com>
Subject Re: [Nutch-dev] What are the limitations of nutch
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:34:44 GMT
Hi,
may the user mailing list would be a better list to ask such
questions. So let us continue the discussion in the user list.
To answer this question without any context is difficult, since the
limitations for a intranet search engine project are very different
to a multi billion pages project.
Anyway from my point of view, nut has limitations in documentation
(the general open source problem) and in large projects spam
detection is a serious problem.
However since nutch is very flexible you can at least solve all your
problems by writing a own map reduce job or  a plugin.
HTH
Stefan