nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Groschupf ...@media-style.com>
Subject RCP known limitation or bug?
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 17:13:46 GMT
Hi,
I never used the RCP that intensive so I was surprised to found this
limitation.
Is it known that the RCP.call method can only call methods that have
a return type?
RCP.java line 152
Object[] values =
       (Object[])Array.newInstance(method.getReturnType
(),wrappedValues.length);
Throws in  Array IlleagalArgumentException since the return type is
null.

May it would be better to add a statement to the java doc (or did I
missed this statement) or may better to send the NullWritable as
placeholder back?

In case this is a bug, should I commit a patch for this 3 lines if
than else or can one with write rights just fix this?

Stefan