nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Marko Bauhardt ...@media-style.com>
Subject [bug] Re: NegativeArraySizeException in search server
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 09:57:57 GMT
Hi,
I got the same Exception. The cause of this exception is the default
value of searcher.max.hits property in the nutch-default.xml. The
default value is Integer.MAX_VALUE. But the class
org.apache.lucene.util.PriorityQueue increment this max.value.
The next number after Integer.MAX_VALUE is -2147483648. You must
decrease the searcher.max.hits to fix this.
But notice: The PriorityQueue use an Array of this size. If large  a
value is defined an OutOfMemoryException occurs.
Any Ideas suggestion how to fix this?

Marko