nutch-dev mailing list archives

From ilango gurusamy <ilangoj...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: no static NutchConf
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 00:59:47 GMT
Stefan
  I would like to help you to do your project on the Nutch-based search  appliance deamon.
The reason is: I want to have experience and learn  stuff. I started playing around with Nutch.
I wrote a scraper in perl  and now I am trying to run one of the sample plugins too

  ilango

Stefan Groschupf <sg@media-style.com> wrote:  > Another use case for eliminating
the static uses of NutchConf is to
> simplify the construction of a configuration gui.  It would be nice
> to have a web-based interface which permits one to configure
> parameters and then have it run the system.  This should be able to
> run multiple Nutch instances in a single JVM.  For example, a
> single Nutch-based "search appliance" daemon should be able to
> crawl and search both your intranet and your public websites, each
> configured separately.

Well this is my long term goal, I have to do that for my project in
any case. :-)

Stefan

Yahoo! Photos