nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Piotr Kosiorowski <pkosiorow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mega-cleanup in trunk/
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2006 19:46:25 GMT
Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just commited a large patch to cleanup the trunk/ of obsolete and
> broken classes remaining from the 0.7.x development line. Please test
> that things still work as they should ...

Hi,
I am not sure what is wrong but a lot of JUnit test simply does not
compile - I did svn checkout to new directory to be sure I do not
anything left from my experiments.

I am looking at it right now but - I would suggest to temporarily do a
quick cleanup to make trunk testable:

1) Remove permanently - as classes under tests are removed in trunk:
	src/test/org/apache/nutch/pagedb/TestFetchListEntry.java
	src/test/org/apache/nutch/pagedb/TestPage.java
	src/test/org/apache/nutch/db/TestWebDB.java
	src/test/org/apache/nutch/db/DBTester.java
	src/test/org/apache/nutch/tools/TestSegmentMergeTool.java
2) Remove temporarly and create JIRA issue to fix it:
	src/test/org/apache/nutch/fetcher/TestFetcher.java
	src/test/org/apache/nutch/fetcher/TestFetcherOutput.java

3) Remove unused import in:
		src/test/org/apache/nutch/parse/TestParseText.java
4) Fix (as it looks simple to fix it - I will look at it in meantime):

src/plugin/parse-msword/src/test/org/apache/nutch/parse/msword/TestMSWordParser.java
src/plugin/parse-zip/src/test/org/apache/nutch/parse/zip/TestZipParser.java
src/plugin/parse-rss/src/test/org/apache/nutch/parse/rss/TestRSSParser.java
src/plugin/parse-pdf/src/test/org/apache/nutch/parse/pdf/TestPdfParser.java
src/plugin/parse-ext/src/test/org/apache/nutch/parse/ext/TestExtParser.java
src/plugin/parse-mspowerpoint/src/test/org/apache/nutch/parse/mspowerpoint/TestMSPowerPointParser.java
src/plugin/parse-mspowerpoint/src/test/org/apache/nutch/parse/mspowerpoint/AllTests.java

After removal of all these not compiling classes tests of trunk complete
sucessfully on my machine (JDK 1.4.2).

If no objections - especially from Andrzej would be raised I can do the
cleanup tommorow.
P.