nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Groschupf ...@media-style.com>
Subject Re: no static NutchConf
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:41:02 GMT
Hi Andrzej,
may be  I come closer to your idea of caching some objects.

> Yes. If you remember our discussion, I'd like also to follow a
> pattern where such instances are cached inside this NutchConf
> instance, if appropriate (i.e. if they are reusable and multi-
> threaded).

As mentioned I think it makes no sense to cache things like plugin
extension object, but what you think about caching the
PluginRepository that was already created with this specific
configuration instance.
Of course we can not serialize this, but I guess this will improve
the performance somehow, since we do not need to scan the plugin
folder and time.

Stefan