nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Re: problems http-client
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 21:35:57 GMT
>I have started to see this problem recently. topN=200000 per crawl, but
>fetched pages = 150000 - 170000, while error pages = 2000 - 5000.  >25000
>pages are missing.  this is reproducible with nutch0.7.1, both protocol-http
>and protocol-httpclient are included.

Depending on how you have Nutch configured, redirects can result in
pages getting skipped, if the redirect count exceeds the
(configurable) limit.

I don't know whether the "not found" HTTP status results in skipped
(not reported as an error) case.

>I also see lots of "Response content length is not known" in the log.  but,
>can't find where it comes from.  Which class logs this message?

This is coming from the Jakarta commons httpclient code:

/src/java/org/apache/commons/httpclient/HttpMethodBase.java

-- Ken

--
Ken Krugler
Krugle, Inc.