nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.8 release schedule (was Re: latest build throws error - critical)
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 17:20:12 GMT
Chris Mattmann wrote:
> +1 for a release sooner rather than later.

I think this is a good plan.  There's no reason we can't do another
release in a month.  If it is back-compatbible we can call it 0.8.x and
if it's incompatible we can call it 0.9.0.

I'm going to make a Hadoop 0.1.1 release today that can be included in
Nutch 0.8.0.  (With Hadoop we're going to aim for monthly releases, with
potential bugfix releases between when serious bugs are found.  The big
bug in Hadoop 0.1.0 is http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-117.)

So we could aim for a Nutch 0.8.0 release sometime next week.  Does that
work for folks?

Piotr, would you like to make this release, or should I?

Doug