nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Sami Siren <ssi...@gmail.com>
Subject web ui improvement
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 21:13:12 GMT
I have recently been working with refactoring the web gui to be a more
extendable and manageable by replacing the spaghetti jsp ui with and ui
layer done with struts and tiles. By doing so it will be much more easy
to provide for example a plugin(extension) that will just change the
layout of the search, provide new ui functionality (like  the "did you
mean" feature) in a form of plugin etc..

I know there are people who think that a plain xml interface is good
enough for all but I would like to give this new architecture a try.

As part of the required functionality of the 0.8 release discussion on
some other thread my opinion is to postbone any new ui functionality
(for example NUTCH-48) until the new architecture is in place
(if it is decided to be applied).

If people are interested to see this work in progress I will prepare
some sort of demo next week (still some work to do before it will reach
a form of a patch).

--
  Sami Siren