nutch-dev mailing list archives

From "Jérôme Charron" <jerome.char...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r405565 - in /lucene/nutch/trunk/src: java/org/apache/nutch/searcher/ test/org/apache/nutch/searcher/ web/jsp/
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 21:48:37 GMT
> > String toString(Encoder, Formatter) like in the Lucene's Highlighter and
> > provide some basic implementations of Encoder and Formatter.
> That sounds fine, but in the meantime, let's not reproduce the
> html-specific code in lots of places.  We need it in both search.jsp and
> in OpenSearchServlet.java.  So we should have it in a common place.  A
> method on Summary seems like a good place.  If we subsequently add a
> more general API then we could re-implement the toHtml() method using
> that API, but I think a generic toHtml() method will be useful for quite
> a while yet.

Yes Doug, but in fact, the idea is to add the toString(Formatter) method in
a common place (Summary).
And add one specific Formatter implementation for OpenSearch and another one
for search.jsp :
The reason is that they should not use the same HTML code :
1. OpenSearch should only use <b> around highlights
2. search.jsp should use some more complicated HTML code (<span ... >)

In fact, I don't know if the "Formatter" solution is the good one, but the
toString() or toHtml() must be parametrized
since the two pieces of code that use this method should have distinct
outputs.

Jérôme

--
http://motrech.free.fr/