nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: 0.8 release
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 08:41:03 GMT
Sami Siren wrote:
> How would folks feel about releasing 0.8 now, there has been quite a
> lot of improvements/new features
> since 0.7 series and I strongly feel that we should push the first 0.8
> series release (alfa/beta)
> out the door now. It would IMO lower the barrier to first timers try
> the 0.8 series and that would
> give us more feedback about the overall quality.

Definitely +1. Let's do some testing, however, after the upgrade to
hadoop 0.3.2 - hadoop had many, many changes, so we just need to make
sure it's stable when used with Nutch ...

We should also check JIRA and apply any trivial fixes before the release.

> If there is a consensus about this I can volunteer to be the RM.

That would be great, thanks!

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><