nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Stephens <ch...@liveoakinteractive.com>
Subject How to debug War/Tomcat?
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:48:16 GMT
I am working on a plugin and I have the parser and indexing portion
working satisfactorily.

I am having problems with the QueryFilter on Nutch 0.8.  Whenever I have
my module 'custom-meta' loaded and I attempt to do a search I get a
blank page and the only output is a bunch of blank spaces then:

The only error I can find in my Tomcat log in
/var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out is:

(org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded).

I have a log4j.properties in
webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties with the following:

# log4j configuration used by the front-end container

log4j.rootLogger=info,stdout
log4j.threshhold=ALL
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} %-5p %c{1} - %m%n

Does this file need to be in another location to be properly recognized
by Tomcat?

Here is the query filter in question:

package org.liveoak.nutch.parse.custommeta;

import org.apache.lucene.search.PhraseQuery;
import org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery;
import org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery;
import org.apache.lucene.index.Term;
import org.apache.nutch.searcher.QueryFilter;
import org.apache.commons.logging.Log;
import org.apache.nutch.util.NutchConfiguration;
import org.apache.nutch.searcher.FieldQueryFilter;
import org.apache.nutch.analysis.CommonGrams;
import org.apache.nutch.searcher.Query.Clause;
import org.apache.nutch.searcher.Query.Phrase;

import org.apache.nutch.searcher.Query.Clause;
import org.apache.nutch.searcher.Query;

import org.apache.nutch.analysis.AnalyzerFactory;
import org.apache.nutch.analysis.NutchAnalysis;

public class CustomMetaQueryFilter extends FieldQueryFilter {

    private static final Log LOG =
LogFactory.getLog(CustomMetaQueryFilter.class.getName());
    private Configuration conf;

    public CustomMetaQueryFilter()
    {
        super("searchgroup", 5f);