nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Nutch and Lucene
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:07:10 GMT
hzhong wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is what I want to do.  Given a document, find all its terms and
> frequencies.
>
> I understand that Nutch is built on top of Lucene.  In Lucene, I can access
> the terms and their frequencies of a document via the indexreader.  However,
> in nutch, I am not sure if there's an equivalent.  In Lucene, indexreader
> needs to know where the inverted indexes are.  In Nutch, I am not sure how
> and where to locate the inverted indexes.
>
> Is it possible to access the inverted index from Nutch?

What you need is named "term vector". Nutch doesn't support this out of
the box, but it;s relatively easy to add. You would have to modify
org.apache.nutch.searcher.Searcher and add a method to retrieve
TermVector - and implement this method in
org.apache.nutch.searcher.IndexSearcher using Lucene classes.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><