nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Groschupf ...@101tec.com>
Subject Re: What's the status of Nutch-GUI?
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2006 08:04:34 GMT
Hi Sami,
> I quess you refer to these:
> •  LocalJobRunner:
>   •  Run as kind of singelton
>   •  Have a kind of jobQueue
>   •  Implement JobSubmissionProtocol status-report
>      methods
>   •  implement killJob method
Right!

> -how about writing a nutchrunner that just extends the
> functionality of localjobrunner?
That would be one solution, however I still hope that the hadoop
developer understand that it would be general benefit to improve the
local jobrunner.
Since it would be somehow duplicated code it does not feel right, but
I also think better this way as never get this issue solved.

> -scheduling (jobQueue) could be completely outside of jobrunner?

We solved that with Quarz and file based JobStore we implemented back
than.

Stefan