nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Soztutar <enis.soz.nu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trunk version and NUTCH-251(Administration gui)
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:48:46 GMT
karthik085 wrote:
> I would like to use Nutch-251(administration gui). How stable is it? How easy
> it is to setup and make it work with nutch? Since it seems to work with the
> trunk version, how stable is trunk version of nutch? Any tentative schedule,
> when nutch next release will be? Will it include admin gui?
>
> I downloaded binary distribution that packaged nutch + gui, available on
> Nutch Wiki. It didn't work - there were problems with compiling jsp classes.
> Also, I tried plugins and patches on Nutch-251 page. That didn't work either
> with the trunk version. It looks it requires lot of patches. I don't know
> what patches needs to be added to make it work. If someone can let me know
> about the same too, that would be great.

Hi, NUTCH-251 does not work work with current trunk. I suppose it wont
be trivial to update it, but with some effort, you can. As described in
jira, it includes a patch to hadoop 0.4.1. you can check out the version
of nutch that complies with it. you can also check the discussion in :
http://www.nabble.com/Next-Nutch-release-t3021713.html