nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: upgrade to hadoop-0.13?
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:22:54 GMT
Doğacan Güney wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As you know, hadoop-0.13 was recently released and it brings some
> impressive improvements over hadoop-0.12.x series. So the obvious
> question is: should we switch to hadoop-0.13?
>
> I have tested nutch with hadoop-0.13 with all basic jobs (inject,
> generate, fetch, parse, updatedb, invertlinks, index, dedup) and they
> work fine.

We need to start implementing a different caching mechanism for objects
that we thus far cached in a Configuration instance. Respective methods
in Configuration are now deprecated, and will be removed in Hadoop 0.14.
  See HADOOP-1343 for more details.

This change will affect a lot of places in our code, so it would be best
to do it long before the next Nutch release.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><