nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: Plans on releasing another bug fix release?
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 22:30:33 GMT
Briggs wrote:

> One thing I would love to do in the future of nutch is to get rid of
> all the custom '*-config.xml" files and replace it with a more
> standard (well, more accepted) DI container (such as spring or
> hivemind [probably hivemind]).  It would be nice to be able to
> configure each component within nutch in this way.  I think it would
> really help in "componentizing" the apis (fetcher, indexer, generator
> etc) so that they can have more implemenations and making plugins more
> manageable.
>
> Anyway, have fun!

 From a dumb user standpoint, I like the config files.
I want something I can just copy around, version control, and edit with
vi, and don't need
to hire a java developer to configure.

What would make life easier for me is if you removed all the XML bs and
just had name/value pairs
with a # comment above it describing what it is for, and the default
setting.

I do agree with briggs that there are too many seperate places to edit,
and having a single file would be nice.

regards
Ian